Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring in Bend

Woah - what happened to Spring this year???
Its the last day of April and it snowed here today. Two days ago I was skiing on an inch of fresh snow at Mt Bachelor, in a blizzard! I was wearing a helmet and goggles and had a balaclava under it all and my nose was still cold on the lift.
So I'm going Backpacing with my Friend Matt, whom I have yet to meet in person - he's an internet friend. We're going to Oregon Dunes, more specifically to Three Mile Lake which is on the beach near Elbow Lake, which does come up on Google Earth. It will be an interesting contrast in gear. He has a few high tech items and a new beta plastic "tent" to try out for a certain company. I have been considering carrying a few obsidian "blades" for any cutting purposes, and maybe my Koa chopsticks - smuggled out of Hawaii.
This wll be a three day trip with a lot of eating and since we will be at the beach we can cook over a fire so you guesed it - steaks the first night.
More on this trip to come.

No comments: